ACO Name and Mailing Location
University of Iowa Affiliated Health Providers, L.C.
d/b/a: Mercy-CR/UI Health Care Accountable Care Organization
1337 John Colloton Pavilion
Iowa City, IA 52242
ACO Primary Contact
877-844-2266 (toll free)
Composition of ACO
The ACO is comprised of a joint venture arrangement between University of Iowa Health System and MercyCare Service Corporation. The ACO participants are listed below.
- University of Iowa Health Care
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- University of Iowa Physicians
- University of Iowa Community Medical Services, Inc.
- MercyCare Service Corporation
- Mercy Medical Center
- MercyCare Management, Inc.
- Mercy Physician Associates, Inc.
ACO Governing Body
- Brad Archer, MD, Voting Manager, ACO Participant Representative, MercyCare Service Corporation
- Carol Fethke, PhD, Voting Manager, Medicare Beneficiary
- Kenneth Kates, Voting Manager and Chair, ACO Participant Representative, University of Iowa Health Care
- Timothy Quinn, MD, Voting Manager, ACO Participant Representative, MercyCare Service Corporation
- Ronald Weigel, MD, PhD, Voting Manager, ACO Participant Representative, University of Iowa Health Care
ACO Committees and Key Leadership Personnel
- Executive Medical Director: Timothy Quinn, MD
- ACO Administrator: Christine Miller, MBA
- Chief Compliance Officer: Debbie Thoman, BA, BS, MA, RHIA, CHP
- Provider Executive Committee: Craig Syrop, MD, Chair
- Operations Committee: Christine Miller, MBA, Chair
- Data Management and IT Committee: Lee Carmen, Chair
- Care Coordination Committee: Laura Reed, RN, Chair
- Quality Committee: Matt Fox, MD, Chair
Aggregate Amount of Shared Savings/Losses
- Performance Year 1: TBD
- Performance Year 2: TBD
- Performance Year 3: TBD
Distribution of Shared Savings
Any savings received are first applied to ACO operating expenses. These expenses include care coordination personnel to assist patients with their care. During the initial years of ACO participation, it is not anticipated that the ACO should have a surplus after applying any received shared savings to expenses. However, should there be any shared savings remaining after expenses, it will be distributed in the following ways:
- Reinvested into ACO: 50%
- Shared with Providers: 25%
- Shared with University of Iowa Health System and MercyCare Service Corporation: 25%